Saint Philip Neri School aims to teach, encourage, and support healthy eating habits by students. School will provide nutrition education and engage in nutrition promotion that:
- is offered at each grade level as part of a sequential, comprehensive, standards-based program designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to promote and protect their health;
- is part of not only physical education classes, but also classroom instruction in subjects such as math, science, language arts, and social sciences.
- includes enjoyable, developmentally-appropriate, culturally-relevant, participatory activities, such as contests, promotions, taste testing, family participation activities
- encourages eating fruits, vegetables, whole grain products, low-fat and fat-free dairy products, healthy food preparation methods, and health-enhancing nutrition practices;
- emphasizes caloric balance between food intake and energy expenditure (physical activity/exercise);
- links with school meal programs, other school foods, and nutrition-related community services;
- includes training for teachers and other staff.
- includes providing teachers and staff with appropriate nutrition based lessons and resources.